Recruiter told not to hire WoW players

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

I met with a recruiter recently (online media industry) and in conversation I happened to mention I'd spent way too much time in the early 2000s playing online games, which I described as "the ones before World of Warcraft" (I went nuts for EQ1, SWG and the start of WoW, but since 2006 I have only put a handful of days into MMOG playing - as opposed to discussing them - I've obsessed over bicycles and cycling instead).

He replied that employers specifically instruct him not to send them World of Warcraft players. He said there is a belief that WoW players cannot give 100% because their focus is elsewhere, their sleeping patterns are often not great, etc. I mentioned that some people have written about MMOG leadership experience as a career positive or a way to learn project management skills, and he shook his head. He has been specifically asked to avoid WoW players.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=15577.0

• ich wuerds halt auch auf jeden fall vermeiden, in dem zusammenhang zu erzaehlen dass ich wow (oder ueberhaupt online games) spiele.. es sei denn ich bewerbe mich bei blizzard (oder aehnliches), klar.

die eine antwort da ist ganz passend:

Zitat

It's like telling them you're into BDSM or something... once they know they'll always look at you differently.

It sounds stupid, but it's the truth.

ist zwar ein krasser vergleich, aber er hat recht ;)

• finds aba schon hart ... lol aba direkt anzeige wegen diskriminierung unso

Zitat

It was my imagination, and in my mind, I believed it. Even now, I believe it.

Scary POV footage of an ice climbing fall